Watch the full video:
- Chop about a 1/2 cup of basil and 1/4 cup of walnuts, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and set aside.
- Peel and slice 3-4 medium apples, we used honeycrisps.
- Slice 3-4 strips of bacon into 1-2″ pieces.
- Slice a pork tenderloin into 1″ thick medallions.
- Place pork, apples, and bacon in the grill basket with a little olive oil.
- Grill for 15 minutes, turning pork at least once.
- At the end when the pork reaches 145 ºF internally, add the pesto and stir.
- Serve warm (we paired it with a salad).
Vegetarian & Allergy Substitutes:
- Swap butternut or delicata squash medallions the pork and bacon, adjust cooking time to make sure that the squash is tender but not burned.
- Skip the walnuts and add a little bit of cheese with nutty notes (like a firmer, longer-aged cow or sheep’s milk like a gouda or a gruyère).
Pottery Used in this Recipe:
Also show in video: