Rooted in Spanish-style cooking, the Clay Coyote Cazuela is one of the most multifaceted pieces we make. Its made even more versatile thanks to our Flameware, which allows you to start your recipe on the stovetop and finish it in the oven. The Clay Coyote Cazuela has deep sides ideal for stews, soups, gratins, paella, and roasting, while the short bulb handle and small tab make transferring and maneuvering more comfortable.
- Made out of Clay Coyote Flameware.
- Available in Coyote Gray only.
- Stamped with Clay Coyote Logo.
- Made to be used over direct heat such as gas, electric, and glass top stoves.
- 10-11” across and 2” deep. Handle approx 3″.
- Weighs approx 3 lbs.
- Microwave, dishwasher, oven, and food safe.
- Lead, cadmium, and nickel-free and safe for people with metal allergies.
Tips & FAQs:
- What’s the difference between your large skillet and the Cazuela? The Cazuela has steeper sides and no side pour spouts. They both have similar cooking surface sizes (around a 9-inch diameter). The Cazuela has a shorter bulb like handle, where the large skillet has a traditional style handle. Both have a small triangular secondary handle opposite the main one to help carry it when they are full.
- Is there a lid for the Cazuela? We don’t make lids for the Cazuelas because they won’t sit right. We recommend one of those multi-sized silicon, BPA-free lids like this one from Target. The only lidded Flameware pieces are our Dutch Oven and our Tagine.
- Can you put the Cazuela in the dishwasher? Yep! We also recommend the 3M Scotch-Brite Stainless Steel scrubber to really clean it up. The Cazuela won’t scratch.
- Why is the Cazuela so special? The Cazuela is the workhorse of the Flameware Line. The 9-inch diameter cooking surface and over 2 inch tall walls allows the Cazuela to tackle almost every culinary challenge you can throw at it.
- Do you need to use oil? A little will go a long way to help make the Cazuela stick-resistant. You don’t have to worry about using metal utensils with Flameware unlike teflon (Polytetrafluoroethylene) pans.
- Can you use the Cazuela on the grill? Absolutely! The Clay Coyote Grill Basket is the Cazuela but with holes added. The Cazulua is great for grilling when you want to hold in the moisture or a sauce. Please note that grilling, darkens the bottom more than normal stovetop cooking, but that’s part of the patina over time.
- Want more inspiration? Check out our Blog here for tips and recipes, Pinterest page here for more recipes and ideas, and follow us on Instagram here to stay up to date!
Clay Coyote Flameware Cazuelas are handmade, wheel thrown, and are custom patterns and designs of Clay Coyote Arts, Inc.
All Clay Coyote Flameware Cazuelas will look similar, however, please allow for some handmade differences.
Clay Coyote Flameware Cazuelas in the news:
Recommended Clay Coyote Flameware Cazuela reading:
- Thinking Outside the Box with a Cazuela
- Paula Wolfert’s Mediterranean Clay Pot Cooking: Traditional and Modern Recipes to Savor and Share