Last weekend, we were invited to our local Farmers Market to do a cooking demonstration. We made bite-sized breakfast egg cups. Everyone wanted the recipe, but there really isn’t one. It’s whatever you have in the fridge plus eggs and cheese.
The Hutchinson Farmers Market is Wednesdays from 2:30-5:30p and Saturdays from 8a-12p and runs through Saturday, October 29th. To learn more visit their website.
- Dice veggies, sauté over medium heat with a little oil (I used Pam spray, I find that with eggs it’s the best for nonstick outcomes, but I prefer olive oil, I have tried other brands than Pam and they just don’t perform as well).
- Whisk eggs, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper on the side (you can add milk, cream, or water to the eggs, but I did not).
- Pour egg mixture over sautéd veggies, add a healthy-sized dollop of your favorite salsa, stir everything together.
- Once eggs are almost done, sprinkle on cheese. Let melt.
- Spoon into tortilla chip cups (we used Tostito Scoops, but there are others out there), don’t assemble too early or they’ll get soggy and cold).
- If you’re not serving a crowd, you can put them into regular corn or flour tortillas for breakfast tacos. That’s what I normally do, but that is not ideal in a cooking demo.
- Ideas for veggies: peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes, fresh herbs like dill and cilantro … basically anything you’d like in an omelette.
Pottery Used in This Recipe: