A lot of R&D goes into all the Clay Coyote pottery. Our Flameware Chef’s Line has more than two decades of home cooking research behind it. So when we add a new piece to the line, we have to do our homework.
- First, we make a prototype.
- Then, we take the prototype home and test it out. It went home with the Coyotes … everyone trying out different types of grills, ovens, broilers, and recipes. One of the requirements to work here is a love of cooking, food, and culinary exploration (side note, you also have to love guacamole, it’s literally in our job requirements).
- After, we get back into the studio and make any tweaks to the design. For example, our original prototype had a triangle on the front similar to our grill basket, but we decided to go with a pulled handle lip instead to fit on more grill surfaces.
- During the whole process we have a lot, A LOT, of friendly discussions about the best and worst pizza toppings (see pizza topping list).
- Then we make a bunch and they’re ready for you!