away. The only answer is to whip up “take-in.”
Saag Paneer in a Clay Coyote Flameware Skillet
- I can’t get paneer in Hutch, but we have this cheese called Bread Cheese in the fancy cheese section of the local Cashwise. It’s pretty similar in texture and taste. I have no idea what it actually is used for, I have been subbing it in for paneer.
- My method:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet.
- Add diced onion, ginger paste, and about 1 teaspoon of all these: turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, garam masala. ( Note: you could probably use just the garam masala and Penzeys’ Curry Now which is a magic blend of all the right spices.)
- Saute spices for about 1 minute on Medium.
- Add 1 package organic defrosted chopped spinach.
- Add 1 cup chicken (or veggie) broth.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Mix in 1/4 cup milk or cream and cubed paneer or bread cheese.
- Simmer for another 2-4 minutes on low.
- Serve over rice with naan.
Naan from the grocery store’s bakery, but I have aspirations.