From Emily in the Gallery~
Today is my last day working Clay Coyote Gallery (sad face) but will be back throughout the holiday season to help out! That being said, I only find it fitting to revisit this very first Clay Coyote recipe posted back in 2006! I LOVE everything apple, and so I know personally I will be making this recipe as we return to school and as apple picking season commences.
Morgan’s Cranberry-Apple Crisp
- First, put 1 cup of fresh cranberries, one cup of water and ¼ cup of sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- While the cranberries are coming to a boil, peal and chop up 4-5 apples. I prefer Honeycrisp (they are Minnesotan) but any apple you like is fine.
- The put the apples in a big baking bowl (preferably a Clay Coyote Bowl Shallow – (they are oven safe you know) and sprinkle with ¼ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and a squirt of lime juice if you have it.
- When the berries have boiled (they will look a bit like mush – that’s ok) drain off the juice and pour the berries in with the apple mixture. Fold the apples and the berries together.
- Then in a separate bowl combine together 1 ½ cup rolled oats, 2 table spoons flour, 1 table spoon cinnamon, ¼ cup sugar, and 3/4 stick of room temperature butter. Pour the mixture over the fruit and place in the oven at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
- When you are all done, it should look like this:
Optional Pottery Used