From Emily in the Gallery~
Today is my last day working Clay Coyote Gallery (sad face) but will be back throughout the holiday season to help out! That being said, I only find it fitting to revisit this very first Clay Coyote recipe posted back in 2006! I LOVE everything apple, and so I know personally I will be making this recipe as we return to school and as apple picking season commences.
Morgan’s Cranberry-Apple Crisp
- First, put 1 cup of fresh cranberries, one cup of water and ¼ cup of sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- While the cranberries are coming to a boil, peal and chop up 4-5 apples. I prefer Honeycrisp (they are Minnesotan) but any apple you like is fine.
- The put the apples in a big baking bowl (preferably a Clay Coyote Bowl Shallow – (they are oven safe you know) and sprinkle with ¼ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and a squirt of lime juice if you have it.
- When the berries have boiled (they will look a bit like mush – that’s ok) drain off the juice and pour the berries in with the apple mixture. Fold the apples and the berries together.
- Then in a separate bowl combine together 1 ½ cup rolled oats, 2 table spoons flour, 1 table spoon cinnamon, ¼ cup sugar, and 3/4 stick of room temperature butter. Pour the mixture over the fruit and place in the oven at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
- When you are all done, it should look like this:
Optional Pottery Used
Want more inspiration? Check out more posts on our blog here to see how we use our pots, our Pinterest page here for more recipes and ideas, and follow us on Instagram here to stay up to date!