This recipe comes from Ian’s mom. He’s the dough maker in our house:
- 2 1/2 cups flour (white and/or wheat)
- 1 cup warm water (under 115 degrees)
- 1/2-1 tsp. yeast
- 2-3 Tbls. EVOO
- 1 tsp. salt
- Put everything into the processor, dry ingredients first, with the dough (not knife) blade.
- Pulse until ball of dough forms, add more flour if necessary. Take out dough, knead on floured counter until it’s not sticky and put in oiled bowl (I just pour a little oil in the bottom of the bowl and put in dough and turn over so top is oiled), cover and let rise for at least a couple of hours until doubled.
- For more flavor give it two rises.
- Punch down, roll out or shape.
Clay Coyote Batter Bowl Method
- Same ingredients
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in bowl, about 5 min.
- Add 1 cup flour, whisk until smooth.
- Add another cup of flour, salt & EVOO and stir well, adding more flour as needed to make a cohesive dough.
- Knead dough on counter until not sticky.
- Wash out bowl, oil it, put in dough, cover and let rise as above.