These are some questions we get on a daily basis either in the Galery or online.
- Can Clay Coyote Flameware be used on a glass top? Clay Coyote Flameware can be used on gas, glass, and electric stovetops. The only stove it won’t work on is an induction stove (those require metal to metal surfaces because they heat using magnets). We sand all of the bottoms of our pots to make sure they’re smooth, but any glass top stover owner knows that you should not drag things across the surface, so we encourage you to lift the pot up.
- What temperature can the Bread Baker go to? Bread Bakers are made of stoneware clay, we recommend them at 400F. We have tested them at 450F and 500F and we do not notice a difference in the bread, but the extra temps cause the more stress on the pot which we do not recommend. We ALWAYS recommend putting stoneware pottery in a cold oven and bringing it up to temperature slowly during the preheat process.
- Are you sure this is food safe? We make all of our glazes in house and know what goes into everyone of them. We also work with our clay maker to ensure our clay is food safe. Our pots are free from nickel, lead, and cadmium. And when we were developing the Clay Coyote Flameware we sent test pots to Alfred University to be tested.
- What is a tagine? The Tagine is a traditional Mediterranean stew pot, the conical lid creates an environment where the lid is continuously basting the food throughout the stovetop cooking process. That’s why the tagine dishes are so tender and juicy (think basting a turkey) and the sauce is thickened (think constant stirring).
- How much does the Dutch Oven weigh? Our Dutch Oven weighs 3.5 pounds and hold 3-4 quarts of liquid. Comparatively, the 3.5 qt Le Creuset weighs 8.5 lbs.
- Can I use metal utensils on the Clay Coyote Flameware? You can use all utensils in Clay Coyote Flameware, metal, wood, silicon. Because of the hard glazed surface it doesn’t scratch.
- Is Clay Coyote Flameware non-stick? Clay Coyote Flameware is extremely stick resistant. There is not a non-stick coating on it. A little oil goes a long way because the glaze is non-porous so oil remains on the surface creating a very unsticky surface.
- Can the Beer Can Chicken Baker go on the grill? The Beer Can Chicken Baker is designed for the oven, however if you have a grill that has oven-like properties (i.e. a Big Green Egg) with non-direct heat, then you can use the Beer Can Chicken Baker on it, however we ALWAYS recommend putting stoneware pottery in a cold oven and bringing it up to temperature slowly during the preheat process.
- Can you really put that in the dishwasher? All of our Clay Coyote pottery is dishwasher safe.
- Can you really put that in the microwave? All of our Clay Coyote pottery is microwave safe.
Do you have more questions to add to the list? Email us at [email protected] and we’ll get back to you asap!