Let’s talk guac. It’s a super food. It’s a favorite around here. And we think it’s great year-round.
Here’s how I make a perfect batch.
- cut open the avocados, carefully remove pits
- cut up red onion, about 1 tablespoon per avocado
- chop up cilantro, about 1 tablespoon per avocado
- mince jalapeno, about 1 tablespoon per avocado (skip or add seeds to adjust heat)
- mince or crush 1 head of garlic per avocado
- combine all in a bowl and mush up with spoon
- add salt and pepper
- add squeeze of fresh lime (optional)
- cut up 1 small tomato, fold into mixture
- serve with chips in a Clay Coyote Chip & Dip set
- Did you know that once avocados have reached their preferred ripeness you can put them in the fridge and they will stop ripening?
- Did you know that you can peel the sticky garlic paper off by putting the head in a container and shaking? Check it out.
- Follow Guacamole Monthly on Instagram for inspiration.