It’s time to grill. I don’t care that there’s 14″ of freshly fallen snow, it’s April and darn it, I’m grilling. The thing I like to make most often in my Flameware Grill Basket is chicken fajitas. It’s like you’re at the local Mexican restaurant with all the smells and sizzling sounds right at home. And a added bonus is that you don’t have to drive after a margarita!
It’s this easy:
- Cut up chicken into strips the size of your index finger
- Cup up onions and peppers to be size of index or pinky finger
- Toss in oil and fajita spices (we use Penzey’s Fajita seasoning)
- Put all of it into your grill basket (use cookie sheet to prevent dripping) and place on grill over medium-high heat for 20 minutes (stir once at 10 minute marker).
- The chicken will be moist and fully cooked, the peppers will be soft, and the onions will caramelized. Using a hot pad, transfer grill basket to cookie sheet and bring in to serve hot, sizzling, fajitas right at your dinner table.