These tasty little appetizers would be perfect for Superbowl Sunday! You can either grill them or bake them in the oven. I decided to make these indoors in my Tagine. It is a bit too cold for me to be outside grilling… You decide, grill or oven?
10 whole, fresh jalapeños
8-oz block of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 pound of bacon
Toothpicks soaked in water.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees or fire up the grill.
2. Cut the jalapeños in half, lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membranes. Stuff each jalapeño half with cream cheese.
3. Wrap each jalapeño half with bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
4. Bake in your tagine for 20 to 25 minutes or in your grill pan for 20 minutes. (If cooking in your oven you may need to broil them for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon.)
5. Serve on your favorite Clay Coyote tray, let cool, and watch them go!