Fulfill your artisan bread-baking dreams with the Clay Coyote Bread Baker. Ideal for no-knead bread recipes, our bread baker allows you to achieve that perfect crust, with a soft and airy middle. Tested in our own kitchens and approved by customers, family, and friends, the Clay Coyote Bread Baker is ideal for anyone on a quest for the perfect sourdough. It can also be used for that delicious winter casserole (or ‘hot dish’ as we call it here).
- Made out of Stoneware Clay.
- Microwave, dishwasher, oven, and food safe.
- Recommended to 400F (place baker in a cool oven and let come to temp).
- Available in various colors: Yellow Salt, Joe’s Blue, Mint Chip, & Midnight Garden.
- Stamped with the Clay Coyote Logo on the bottom.
- Dimensions: 10″ in diameter, 8.5″ interior base diameter, 3.5″ high base, 7″ height with lid on.
- Weight empty: 3 pounds
- Lead-, Cadmium-, and Nickel-free and safe for people with metal allergies.
Tips & FAQs:
- Does the bread baker come with a recipe? Yes! The bread baker comes with an information card that it has a great recipe to get you started.
- What if I get tired of all this delicious bread? Lucky for you, your new bread baker can bake hot dish or really anything that needs 400 degrees or less, making it anything but a one trick kitchen gadget.
- My recipe calls for 475 degree oven, is it ok to use the bread baker? No, the bread baker is for baking at 400 degrees or less, and it risks cracking and breaking if that temperature is exceeded.
- Want more inspiration? Check out our Blog here to for tips and recipes, Pinterest page here for more recipes and ideas, and follow us on Instagram here to stay up to date!
Clay Coyote Bread Bakers are handmade, wheel thrown, and custom patterns and designs of Clay Coyote Arts, Inc. All Clay Coyote Bread Bakers look similar, but please allow for some handmade differences.
Recommended Clay Coyote Bread Baker Reading:
- Clay Coyote No-knead Sourdough
- Kitchen Lane Kneadless Dough (we recommend using recipe but only heating to 400F)
- NY Times No-Knead Bread (we recommend using recipe but only heating to 400F)
Susan Michelle Sullivan –
The pictures of the Joe’s Blues glaze don’t do this piece justice. I was thrilled with the beauty of this piece. After two uses, this has become my favorite baking dish for sourdough bread. Clean up was a breeze. (I let the loaf sit on a sheet of parchment paper in the baker during its final rest/rise and during baking.)
Helen Myllykangas –
I loved my first Clay Coyote bread baker so much that I recently purchased another one! The recipe I follow makes 2 loaves and I usually make 2 batches of bread dough resulting in 4 loaves. Using parchment paper really makes clean up easy as all I have to do is wipe it out with a dry towel. Plus, they’re both very beautiful pieces of art worthy of display!
Brenda (verified owner) –
I love my bread baker so much I bought one for each of the children. We have stopped buying any “store brand” bread and make all our own. I increased the recipe by 1/2 and get a beautiful loaf that is high enough to make nice slices for sandwiches. The bread pottery is beautiful and works flawless every time!
I was lucky enough to discover your Bread Baker while meeting my daughters boyfriends family in, Minnesota, after they made a bread for the dinner. My daughter and her boyfriend came home to Oregon for Christmas and surprised me with one. My first loaf is rising now for tomorrow’s dinner ❤️
My no-knead breads turn out perfectly in this baker. In Midnight Garden, it’s a beautiful piece of art as well.
nancy g visconti –
Hi, could you [lease tell me the measurements of this baker? I’d also like to know what size loaf it makes, and can this be put in a hot oven? There weren’t any instructions I could see on your site for the baker. Thanks so much, Nancy
Here are the recipes we recommend:
Recommended to 400F (place baker in a cool oven and let come to temp).
Loaf size very by recipe.