SATURDAY JULY 28
10 AM – Festival Opens
11 AM – Olympics (Heat 1)
11:45 AM – Raku Demo*
1 PM – Olympics (Heat 2)
3 PM – Raku Demo*
3:30 PM – Olympics (Heat 3)
5 PM – Festival Closes
SUNDAY JULY 29
12 PM – Festival Opens
12:45 PM – Raku Demo*
1:15 PM – Olympics (Heat 4)
2 PM – Olympics (Heat 5)
3:30 PM – Olympics Winner Announced
4 PM – Festival Closes
GET THE MOST OUT OF THE FESTIVAL
- Olympics: Watch the potters show off their throwing skills with challenges like widest bowl, tallest cylinder, widest platter, and blindfolded!
- Raku Demos: Potter Joe Frank McKee from Dillsboro, NC, will demonstrate the art of Raku firing. Stand back this process is hot, hot, hot!
- Glazing Demos: Featured Pottery Karin Kraemer will demonstrate how she creates her majolica pottery, an Italian tin-glazed pottery technique dating from the Renaissance period.
- Shuttle: Are your arms full? Head to our Golf Cart Shuttle in the East Parking Lot and we’ll get you and your new pots to your car!
- Hungry: Lunch is provided by The Daily Special. Sip on sangria or wine from Crow River Winery.
- Kids’ Station: Kids of all ages can try getting their hands dirty. We’ll fire the pieces and you can come back to get them in our pick-up window of Aug 4-12. Pieces not claimed by Aug 12 will disappear.
- Your feedback makes us better: Each year we learn more about what works and where we can improve through a verbal survey, if you are approached, please take a moment to answer the questions!
More Details at http://www.mnpotteryfestival.com/