Title: Studio Potter
Hours: 30-35 hours per week, flex schedule
The Studio Potter is responsible for throwing, handles, glaze mixing, glazing, loading and unloading kilns, and other necessary studio tasks. This position is a key part of the community-centered environment at the Clay Coyote.
- Fulfill pottery orders according to production schedule.
- Throw and trim forms.
- Prep pots and load bisque kilns.
- Mix and sieve glazes for Studio use, keeping glaze levels high for production.
- Wax and glaze.
- Slab work.
- Load and unload kiln cart for gas reduction firings.
- Other Studio maintenance requirements (e.g. weighing clay, wedging clay, cleaning studio space, reclaiming clay, reporting material inventories).
- Refine and implement processes under direction of Owner.
- Any other duties as required.
- Must have an expanded knowledge of the craft arts and ceramics.
- Must have at least five years demonstrated throwing experience.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Willingness to follow directions.
- Task focused with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strength, stamina, good eyesight, and an ability to work at repetitive tasks.
- Exceptional attention-to-detail.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with little supervision to meet production goals.
- Able to work in a team environment with demonstrated collaborative skills.
- High school diploma or GED
Compensation: This position is a year round salaried position. Pay is commensurate with experience and performance and within the constraints of the Clay Coyote budget.
- Access to studio for making own work
- Relocation/Housing assistance
- Flexible work schedule
- One week paid vacation annually, after first year
- Four days paid family-leave annually
- Three weeks paid maternity or paternity leave
The Clay Coyote is an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants should send email to Morgan Baum at firstname.lastname@example.org.