Nothing quite welcomes the arrival of fall like an apple crisp. This recipe adds another fall favorite flavor into the mix with Maple syrup. The recipe comes from allrecipes.com and has 300+ positive reviews! This recipe takes about an hour from start to finish, with a short 35 minute cooking time. This recipe is a perfect fit for a Clay Coyote Baking Dish, aka the square baker.
- 5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of butter
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat your oven (and your Baking Dish) to 375°
- Place the cut apples into your Baking Dish and coat with maple syrup.
In a separate mixing bowl, put together the flour, sugar, oats, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake in your pre-heated oven for 35 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and yummy.
- Serve warm with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!