Looking for a quick and easy soup to make in your Clay Coyote Dutch Oven this fall (and winter if I dare say its name)? This Lentil and Buckwheat soup comes from Allrecipes.com and has only 9 ingredients in total.
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small onion grated
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 9 oz. package of baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling on top)
- Soak lentils in cold water for an hour, then drain and set aside.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in your dutch oven, over medium heat, add your grated carrot and onion and sauté 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add bay leaves and lentils stir until they are coated in oil.
- Pour in 3 cups of vegetable broth, stir and bring to a boil, then leave at a low boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add the buckwheat.
- Simmer until the the lentils are cooked (but not mushy) and the buckwheat is cooked through. Use the remaining 1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock as needed during the cooking.
- Once everything is ready, fold in the spinach and allow to wilt. Remove the bay leaves.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of the extra virgin olive oil on top of each serving.