Morgan’s Cranberry-Apple Crisp
- First, put 1 cup of fresh cranberries, one cup of water and ¼ cup of sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- While the cranberries are coming to a boil, peal and chop up 4-5 apples. I prefer Honeycrisp (they are Minnesotan) but any apple you like is fine.
- The put the apples in a big baking bowl (preferably a Clay Coyote bowl – they are oven safe you know) and sprinkle with ¼ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and a squirt of lime juice if you have it.
- When the berries have boiled (they will look a bit like mush – that’s ok) drain off the juice and pour the berries in with the apple mixture. Fold the apples and the berries together.
- Then in a separate bowl (I must confess on this one I used a Mel Jacobson bowl) combine together 1 ½ cup rolled oats, 2 table spoons flour, 1 table spoon cinnamon, ¼ cup sugar, and 3/4 stick of room temperature butter. Pour the mixture over the fruit and place in the oven at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
When you are all done, it should look like this: