The James Beard Foundation announced that Paula Wolfert is the 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award honoree. We couldn’t agree more.
Paula has been a winner in our book for decades. We’ve loved her recipes, her outlook on life and food. Her guidance and insight into cooking with clay has been an inspiration to our pottery. It’s not an understatement to say that our pots are where they are today because of Paula.
We’ve loved her ‘cooking with clay‘ recipes from the first bite.
Some of our favorites through the years:
- French Cassoulet (and more detailed instructions)
- Savory Tagines and Preserved Lemons
- Homemade Vinegar
- Pumpkin Soup with Creamy Roquefort
- Best (and it really is) Hummus
- Orange, Romaine, and Walnut Salad
- Soupe au Pistou aka Summer in a Pot
- Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar
- Fish Tagine with Creamy Onion Charmoula
- Winter Squash with Caramelized Onions (Cassolita)
- Carrot and Golden Raisin Salad from The Food of Morocco
- Moroccan Dessert “Truffles” with Dates, Almonds, and Apples
What chefs inspire you? Are you a follow the recipe to the tee person? Do you use the recipe as guidance but take your own twists? We love to hear your stories. If you’ve got a good one please send it our way.