Hooray! A first for the Travel Mug, a postcard from Rudkøbing Havn, Denmark. And it is from Cousin Yunomi.
As a reader you must be thinking three things right now:
- Where is Rudkøbing Havn, Denmark?
- Why doesn’t that mug have a handle?
- What is cousin Yunomi doing out there in Denmark?
Well, here are some answers:
- Rudkøbing Havn is a small harbor village on the western coast of Langeland, an eastern island. According to wikipedia, “Rudkøbing is an ancient market town and has avoided a heavy industrial development within the core center. Therefore, the city is characterized by winding cobbled streets and narrow alleys of old merchant houses and cottages from ancient times.”
- The mug is handle-less because it is not a mug at all; it is a yunomi teacup.
- Cousin Yunomi is about to embark on a three month sailing journey in Denmark and handles are no-nos on sailboats where all cups must fit safely in the round holders (or they might tip over)!
Here is Cousin Yunomi is helping step the mast (although she did have to go below when the action got serious).
Did you take your Travel Mug (or Travel Yunomi) along on your summer holiday? Send us the photos at email@example.com and we will add them to the Big Map.