Bring the flavors and techniques of historical Moroccan cooking into your own kitchen with the Clay Coyote Tagine. Traditionally used on the stovetop, the tagine encourages condensation to form at the top of the lid and drop back down into the dish for added moisture and tenderness. The major advantage of the Clay Coyote Tagine is that its made out of flameware, which allows you to do high-temperature pre-cooking (e.g. sautéing onions, garlic), then lower the heat to cook your meal, all in one pot! Pairs wonderfully with our Ras el Hanout seasoning blend, Preserved Lemon Paste, and 1000 Mediterranean Meals.
- Tagine bottom is made out of Clay Coyote Flameware, and can withstand direct heat from gas, electric, and glass stovetops.
- Bottom is glazed in Coyote Gray only.
- Tagine lid is made out of Stoneware Clay and comes in Moroccan Sand, Yellow Salt, Mediterranean Blue, or Midnight Garden (available in separate listings).
- Bottom dimensions: 10-3/4″ in diameter, 2″ deep and holds about 1-3/4 quarts, 8″ high all together.
- Microwave, dishwasher, oven, and food safe.
- Lead-, Cadmium-, and Nickel-free and safe for people with metal allergies.
Clay Coyote Flameware Tagines are handmade, wheel thrown, and custom patterns and designs of Clay Coyote Arts, Inc.
All Clay Coyote Flameware Tagines will look similar, however, please allow for some handmade differences.
Recommended Clay Coyote Flameware Tagines reading:
– Paula Wolfert’s Mediterranean Clay Pot Cooking: Traditional and Modern Recipes to Savor and Share
– Mourad Lahlou’s Mourad: New Moroccan
– Paula Wolfert’s Couscous and Other Good Food from Morocco
Think outside the Tagine!!
You can do SO MUCH MORE with a Tagine then just Moroccan Cuisine. Want more inspiration? Check out our Blog here to see how we use our pots, Pinterest page here for more recipes and ideas, and follow us on Instagram here to stay up to date!